Per City Ordinance, there are certain
rules and regulations that must be followed at the City Pond at all times:
1. No boats or other water craft shall be allowed in the lakes.
2. No Wading or swimming is permitted in the lakes.
3. Fishing shall only be by hand lines. No traps, trot lines,
or other methods shall be permitted. No feeding or baiting of fish is
4. No person shall clean fish at the
5. Parking is limited to marked areas
6. No person shall discharge a firearm at
the lakes or at any of the adjoining property subject to the jurisdiction to
the City of Bernie.
7. No person shall park or
operate a motor vehicle such that it blocks or impedes traffic in the
driveway or roads.
8. Operating a motor vehicle
on the levee is prohibited.
9. The south lake
shall be open for fishing from fifteen minutes prior to daylight to fifteen
minutes after sunset each day.
10. No person
shall fish in the north lake at any time.
person shall fish in the south lake unless that person has obtained a permit
from the City of Bernie (or is otherwise exempt) as follows: (1) Residents
of the City of Bernie 12 years of age or under do not require a permit.
(2) Residents 65 years of age or older do not require a permit. (3)
Disabled veterans do not require a permit.
No person shall take more than the following number of fish during any day
nor shall any person have in their possession more than the following number
of fish at any time: Bass-4 Channel Catfish-4
13. No person shall keep or
possess a bass or a channel catfish less than fifteen inches in length.
14. Any City of Bernie police officer or maintenance department
employee has the right to inspect the permit of any person at the Bernie
fishing lakes or the adjacent property subject to the jurisdiction of the
city of Bernie. Any City police officer or City maintenance employee
shall have the right to inspect the fish in the possession of any person.
15. Any person violating any of the provisions of
this ordinance may be fined up to $500.00 for each separate violation.